Latest Update: April 13, 2022
Section 1. Information We Collect
How We Collect PI. Ethos Giving collects information about you in furtherance of social impact efforts on and through the Services. We may collect personal information about you directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, request customer support, express an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services, or submit any information using a web form that is part of the Services. We may also collect personal information about you from our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties.
What PI We Collect. The personal information Ethos Giving collects about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, including but not limited to, first name, last name, email address, mailing address, and phone number;
- Demographic information, such as age, date of birth, gender, job information, and postal code;
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers;
- Additional information, including but not limited to company asset size, number of employees, or industry specialty.
Contact information, demographic information, login information, payment information, and additional information that may be used to identify you are referred to herein collectively as “personal information” or “PI”.
Automatic Collection. As you navigate the Services, Ethos Giving may also collect information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. Ethos Giving may also use third-party analytics tools that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. A cookie is a text file that websites send to your Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser, to store information, or to store settings in the browser. A web beacon, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about actions of the user opening the page or email containing the beacon back to a web server. The information we collect through automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address, operating system, browser type, browser language, and the type of device);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services; and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as the web pages viewed, mouse clicks, mouse movements, and scrolling activity).
The information Ethos Giving collects automatically may include personal information. It helps Ethos Giving improve and personalize the Services, including by enabling Ethos Giving to identify and authenticate you.
Section 2. Do Not Track Signals
Section 3. How We Use the Information We Collect
We do not sell your personal information and use your information for the purpose for which it was collected. Ethos Giving may use information Ethos Giving obtains about you to:
- Provide you with the Ethos Giving and Ethos Tracking services;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Maintain a record of your engagement and activity using the Services;
- Respond to your questions and comments;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve the business of and services Ethos Giving offers;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Services;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized visitors;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We may also use the information Ethos Giving obtains about you in other ways for which Ethos Giving may provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Section 4. Disclosure of Information
Ethos Giving may disclose aggregated information about you without restriction. Ethos Giving may disclose personal information about you:
- To Ethos Giving Affiliates: Ethos Giving may share personal information with other companies in order to work with them, including affiliates of Ethos Giving. For example, Ethos Giving may need to share personal information for non-profit and customer relationship management purposes;
- For Compelled Disclosure: Ethos Giving reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if Ethos Giving reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect its rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process;
- To Enforce Other Agreements;
- To our customers for purposes consistent with pursuing joint social impact efforts on the Services; and
- With your consent.
Section 5. Your Choices
Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.]
Communication Preferences. If you have received an email from us, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
Correcting and Updating Your Information. If you have an account with us, you can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. Otherwise, please contact us using the information below. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Section 6. Data Security
Ethos Giving uses industry standard security measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and help ensure the appropriate use of such data. You are responsible for maintaining the security and confidentiality of your username and password. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. Ethos Giving cannot guarantee that the security measures Ethos Giving has in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Section 7. Children Under the Age of 13
The Services are not directed to, and Ethos Giving does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. If Ethos Giving learns Ethos Giving has collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, Ethos Giving will delete that information. If you believe Ethos Giving might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, you should contact Ethos Giving.
Section 9. Data Transfers
Ethos Giving is based in the United States. When Ethos Giving obtains information about you, Ethos Giving may transfer, process, and store such information in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of personal information in the United States, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
Section 10. Contact Us